Open Letter from Alumni
to: Victor Johnson and Donald Reaves,
In response to your statements in the Journal, Victor Johnson (61’) you have already disgraced your alma mater. Not only have you disgraced WSSU, you and Connie Johnson have sold WSSU to Reaves, RaVonda, Brenda and her entourage, Corey and wife, and Michelle Cook. You, Victor, according to Ann Lemon, will be the first BOT member in the history of the UNC system to be removed. It is hard to believe that you tried to pull the Forsyth County/ WS School system into this. Funny, you did not speak out about board participation until Brenda was NOT selected to be interviewed.
The alumni expected you to respect our university. We did not want you to deter good change, but we wanted you to protect it from being pillaged by a lawless administration.
Debra Miller, thank you for standing up for your university. It seems that you are beginning to learn what Donald Reaves is all about. You have been used, Debra. We hope you understand that RaVonda and some of the other BOT members (i.e. Burke) will stab your in the back to get what they want. RoVanda and her colleagues on the board have connections with Alvin Schneider who has spent his life since being forced out of WSSU trying to pay back. He is still using these two to control certain things at the university and he is very friendly with Reaves. Please work with Chancellor Robinson, alumni, students and the faculty and staff to bring back the gloryto our university. “This is a place of possibilities”, Martin 2001.
Victor and Connie, make this right by disclosing the role that Reaves, RaVonda, other BOTs and Brenda played is this scandal? They have already distance themselves from you and are speaking out about what you did and putting the blame squarely on you. At least give your daughter something to be proud of despite your bitter end. We hope you are aware that this is a criminal offense. Understand, just as the financial and grade changing improprieties are being disclosed, we will disclose evidence of those involved in this crime.
Mr. Reaves, so you still think that you have built a foundation for further growth? We will take every opportunity to remind you and the world of what you have done to WSSU. The university will grow in spite of your 7 years of destruction, incompetence and your criminal behaviors including the:
- Poor choices of board members (you brought Johnson and Burke into the fold)
- Employment of the worst deans, provost, vice chancellors, and administrators in the history of WSSU
- Use of funds to build unnecessary and unoccupied buildings at a time when the university is in deep trouble with declining enrollments.
- Burdens you and the BOT placed on students and their parents through increased fees and allowing student scholarship funds in the Foundation to be spent for other items (NOTE THE INCREASED FEES WHERE TO PAY FOR THE DJ BUILDING)
- Change of grades to achieve the retention and graduation rates and to keep student athletes on the field
- Numerous lawsuits and EEOC claims
- Complete degradation of faculty and staff and exodus of competent employees
- Decrease in enrollment and therefore state funds
- Lack of academic acumen demonstrated by you , your provost and your deans
- Misuse of funds to keep certain people quite especially in athletics and Mr. McKenzie
- Destruction of the academic programs. Are you trying to destroy nursing before 12/31/14?
- Cash Cow account 312-440
- The foul uneducated language and liquor drinking on the campus by you
- Nepotism practices and violation of employment policies
- Manner in which you handled the Virginia State University student and student Johnson (and you call yourself a father)
- Using the chief of police,Pat Norris, to arrest alumni who were within their rights
- Way you have allowed the financial aid ,enrollment, admissions and the academic areas to be degraded
- Internal Audit practices that assist in hiding fraudulent accounts
- Your inadequate fundraising coupled with the inadequate skills by Michelle Cook and her gang who only attend banquets with family members instead of fund raising.
- Fund raising practices that use faculty grants as if they were obtained by Michelle Cook.
- University culture of secrecy, non- transparency, upper echelon arrogance and lack of shared governance
- Fact that you have said on many occasions and in speeches and in the WS journal that the people at WSSU have no expectations
- Fact that you, Brenda, and Corey do not understand what is truly meant by a liberal education
- Mistaken idea that you and your family are somehow better than the people of the WS community
We support our new chancellor Robinson and he will excel despite the things you are doing to undermine him before he arrives.